As the founding location of the world’s largest professionally led nonprofit network of cancer support, Cancer Support Community Los Angeles (CSCLA) has transformed the way our culture faces cancer. For over 30 years, we have cared for cancer patients and families with a unique model of psychosocial support that has become the gold standard worldwide. Our comprehensive programs were developed to create a sanctuary to nurture mind, body and spirit by helping people affected by cancer learn vital skills that enable them to regain control, reduce feelings of isolation and restore hope, regardless of the stage of their disease. Our programs provide our members with:
- NO COST support, information and education about living with and beyond cancer, for all people of all ages affected by cancer, including family and friends;
- The gold standard of quality, integrating research-driven psychosocial support with leaders in the fields of oncology, integrative medicine, nutrition, and complementary modalities;
- Professionally curated workshops, activities and resources grounded in evidence-based research that demonstrate an impact on the quality of life by increasing awareness and skill-building around healthy living and wellness and building community;
- Empowerment through self-determination, identifying personalized needs and opportunities for support during and after cancer;
- A robust social network in-person and online, twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.